The following persons are eligible for accreditation:
- Holders of a valid press ID of a German or foreign journalist association without any link to a particular industry.
- Holders of a valid press ID of a German or foreign trade journalist association related to the theme of the trade fair.
- Individuals from Germany or abroad who can prove their status as a journalist (or photojournalist) as follows:
- by presenting original copies of byline articles that are not more than six months old at the time of the event
- by presenting original copies of mastheads that mention the individual as editors, permanent independent editorial staff, or authors. These mastheads may not be more than six months old at the time of the event
- by presenting the original of a written order by an editorial office with reference to the trade fair in question
- by presenting a web link to an online publication authored by the individual, provided the publication is well-established within the respective trade fair community. Due to the greater amount of time required to check such claims, applications for accreditation in such cases must be submitted well in advance
- by presenting proof not more than six months old that the individual works for a school newspaper or by presenting a valid ID from a youth press organization
Furthermore, the Koelnmesse GmbH reserves the right to conduct further investigations to establish proof of journalistic activities, even if a press pass has been submitted. Legitimation should be submitted in German or English. In individual cases the Koelnmesse GmbH reserves the right to additionally request submission of a valid ID containing photographic identification. There is no entitlement to accreditation. If necessary the Koelnmesse GmbH reserves the right to restrict accreditation or to revoke it entirely and ban persons from the premises.
Koelnmesse GmbH reserves the right to demand documentary evidence of any reporting. In the event of abuse, accreditation may be withdrawn.
We reserve the right to apply minor additions and exceptions to these accreditation guidelines for certain fairs and events.
We advise you that data received for the purpose of processing your accreditation may be also used for the clarification of queries